2.0
Turnaround Time

I inherited a 1992 Buick Park Avenue Ultra from someone I was very close to.It was in like new condition with hardly any miles on it.

After driving it for a few months, it started running poorly so I took it to my local Buick dealership who told me the supercharger was bad, and there's nothing they can do for me as there are no replacement superchargers out there. After scouring the internet, I found the Cardone remanufactured supercharger, and told the dealership I had found one. The service tech told me his coworker had gotten a Cardone remanufactured supercharger and it was worse than the one which was being replaced. So he returned it to the auto parts store and exchanged it for another Cardone reman supercharger, and it turned out to be worse than the last one, so he just gave up and got rid of the car.

He said a customer came in with a similar situation, and got a Cardone reman supercharger, and it didn't work either. He told me that Cardone sells superchargers that are advertised as being remanufactured, but are just nonworking junk that are spray painted to look new, and are just a waste of time and money. But since I love this car and since Cardone is the only company who remanufactures superchargers, I went ahead and bought one. The dealership installed the supercharger for me, and I drove about two miles and the supercharger seized up and made my engine shut down.

I removed the belt from the supercharger and couldn't even turn the supercharger pulley with a breaker bar & socket. So I got it towed back to the dealership, and when they saw the supercharger was seized up, they just shrugged and said "told you so". I take great pride in my own workmanship, and I can not figure out how people like Cardone can take absolutely zero pride in the craftsmanship of their products. Cardone is pulling a scam by selling non working superchargers.

I'm not saying it's a scam because I personally had a bad experience; I'm saying it's a scam because every single person I've talked to has had the same experience with their superchargers. Even on the GM auto forums, not one single person has ever gotten a Cardone "reman" supercharger that actually works. I literally can't find one single person who has ever gotten a working Cardone supercharger. The sad thing is that Cardone is the only person out there who offers this supercharger, so most of us have to ignore the warnings and try their product, only to learn the hard way that we got hustled.

Even though It came with a warranty, that doesn't change the fact that I spent almost $1000 having the supercharger installed, only to now have to spend that much more to have it uninstalled so I can return it. I was going to exchange this one for another and hope it worked, but the dealer has assured me that if I bring them another Cardone reman supercharger, that I'll pay them another $1000 to install it, and it won't be any good, so I'll have to pay them to uninstall it (again) so I can return it.

I don't want to throw away any more money on this Cardone scam.Save yourself a ton of money and aggravation and stay away from Cardone junk.

Review about: Cardone Industries Supercharger.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments